Whether you wish to make a success of your event or meeting and obtain the maximum information or knowledge available in it, without letting language get in your way or you want to make yourself understood with precision and quality language, TamTán offers you a complete service of conference interpretation in each of its modalities among which we highlight the following:
The interpreter speaks from a cabin translating the discourse in real time, with a small lag with respect to the speaker.
This modality requires great mental effort and such work is always carried out in pairs of interpreters. Specific information regarding the subject to be dealt with in the conference, meeting or speech is required a few days beforehand in order to carry out quality work.
- Speech of H.M King Juan Carlos I in the Italian Parliament and Senate. Italian – Spanish simultaneous interpretation for TVE.
- Conference for peace in Algeria. French – Spanish simultaneous interpretation.
- UNESCO study symposium. French – Spanish simultaneous interpretation.
- Interpretation for the U.I.M.P summer courses (French – Italian – Spanish)
- Interpretation for the summer courses of the Complutense University of Madrid, Euroforum (French – Italian – Spanish).
This is our star modality in which we are specialists with over 20 years experience both “on the scene” and in class.
Consecutive interpretation is a modality that is as, if not more, complicated than simultaneous interpretation and requires mastering a specific method. Taking all the ideas that the speaker expresses as the starting point, the conference interpreter re-elaborates the discourse. In order to do so, the interpreter uses the technique of note-taking for consecutive interpretation. The job is always undertaken alongside the speaker and in front of the audience, so good presence is a fundamental element for the interpreter.
- Bilateral meeting between the Government Delegate for Spanish Foreign Affairs and the Moroccan counterpart.
- French – Spanish simultaneous and consecutive interpretation.
- Bilateral meeting between the Minister of Public Works and the Spanish counterpart.
- Presentation of the film “The Tiger and the Snow” by Roberto Benigni. Italian – Spanish consecutive interpretation.
- Presentation of the film “Manuale d´amore” by Giovanni Veronesi. Italian – Spanish consecutive interpretation.
- Interviews for the presentation of the film “Tea with Mussolini” with film director Franco Zefirelli. Italian – Spanish consecutive interpretation.
- Presentation of the book Guides to Museums headed by art critic Noah Charney. English – Spanish consecutive interpretation.
- Presentation of the Lonely Planet guides by founder Tony Wheeler. English – Spanish consecutive interpretation.
Chuchotage and liaison interpretation
Chuchotage (whispered interpreting) and liaison interpretation are also used in the world of conference interpretation. Please feel free to call us with no obligation and we can talk about your needs and help you to choose the modality that most suits you.
At TamTán we are not just specialists in interpretation and translation, we also take the utmost care in other aspects of non-verbal communication. The image of our interpreters is an essential aspect because we are fully aware that we also form part of the image of our clients and their communication structure.